Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /homepages/30/d235503494/htdocs/clickandbuilds/phpBB/migrated236549354/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/30/d235503494/htdocs/clickandbuilds/phpBB/migrated236549354/viewtopic.php on line 920

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/30/d235503494/htdocs/clickandbuilds/phpBB/migrated236549354/viewtopic.php on line 920
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
1960 Oldsmobile Forum • View topic - Big Changes Coming Soon...

Big Changes Coming Soon...

Check here for announcements, ask for forum help, or introduce yourself.

Moderator: toolbox

Big Changes Coming Soon...

Postby toolbox on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Hey guys,
For the first time since 1960oldsmobile.com went live a few years ago, I'm making some really big changes to how it's going to look/work... When I built the site, I set it up as a traditional HTML web page in Dreamweaver, which gave me a lot of flexibility in some areas, but frankly it's always been kind of a PITA to add and update the content of the site. Hopefully that's about to change... I'm in the process of switching the whole thing over to a PHP based (WP) site that should make it a whole lot easier to manage most of the content...which hopefully means I'll be adding new things more often. The site has gotten a little stale because I really have very little time to work on it, but with these changes it will take less time to update so hopefully I'll be able to do it more often. You can see a sneak preview of the new look here:

http://www.1960olds.com/featured/

This actually started out as a project to make it easier to update just the "special features" section...but ultimately I decided it would be easier (and better) to just update the entire site rather than try to integrate the new special features section into the old one. The old one won't actually be going anywhere...I'm planning on leaving it online and intact in it's old location so that anyone who has linked to the old pages can still access them. Only the home page will be gone (or at least moved). I'm going to migrate all the old content to the new site over the next couple of weeks...you'll notice that there will be all the same buttons to access all the same info. Some of them are actually functional in the demo page (special features, a couple things in the tech section). I still need to build a bunch of graphics for it.
Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know what was coming...I'd love to hear any thoughts/comments you have. Also feel free to share any ideas you'd like to see in the new site...it's sooo much easier to add functionality to a site like this than a traditional HTML site that if you have any suggestions it might be possible to implement them.
Take a look and let me know what you think...
Cheers,
Scott
Scott
1960 Oldsmobile 98 Scenicoup.
394V8 4BBL Dual Exhaust.
GO OLDS '60!

"It doesn't matter if you believe you will fail or succeed...either way, you are correct."

www.1960oldsmobile.com
www.lastbestphotography.com
toolbox
Site Sponsor

Re: Big Changes Coming Soon...

Postby toolbox on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:50 pm

It's here :P . New site went live last night...old site is still available at www.1960oldsmobile.com/archive_index.html . Got the Factory Literature moved completely over last night. Hopefully I'll have most of the other content moved over by this weekend. Woot!
Scott
1960 Oldsmobile 98 Scenicoup.
394V8 4BBL Dual Exhaust.
GO OLDS '60!

"It doesn't matter if you believe you will fail or succeed...either way, you are correct."

www.1960oldsmobile.com
www.lastbestphotography.com
toolbox
Site Sponsor

Return to Forum Announcements, Help, Introductions