Before anyone laughs at the pictures that follow, bear in mind that I have never, ever done extensive bodywork of this nature. I am certain that I have made many mistakes, but I have learned quite a bit by doing this.
The three projects going on with the Olds right now are: Removal and replacement of the rusted out tail panel, removal of the side trim and welding the holes up, and repairing the rusted out lower fenders.
The tail panel.....it is painted gloss black as a trial to be sure the seam where we welded it back together had been covered:
The driver's side quarter panel with the welded holes prior to body work:
The driver's side door, trim holes welded and body work complete:
The driver's lower fender, 90% complete: