Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /homepages/30/d235503494/htdocs/clickandbuilds/phpBB/migrated236549354/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/30/d235503494/htdocs/clickandbuilds/phpBB/migrated236549354/viewtopic.php on line 920

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/30/d235503494/htdocs/clickandbuilds/phpBB/migrated236549354/viewtopic.php on line 920
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
1960 Oldsmobile Forum • View topic - My american cars in Germany

My american cars in Germany

Anything goes! Keep it family friendly please, and no spamming.

Moderator: toolbox

My american cars in Germany

Postby goldenolds on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:11 pm

I am driving american cars since 1988. The first one was a Plymouth Fury Police-Car from 1975, but it was a project to build up, because it was in very poor condition. I drove it only few weeks.
The next one was a 1974 Chevrolet El Camino. It was my daily driver for some years.I sold it in1992.

Then it was time for a modern Muscle Car, a 1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z 28.
It had a 5.7 Litre TPI with T-Tops and grey Leather. Everything was original except the wheels and tires. I sold this one in June, 1995.

In 1995 a very good friend of mine had already restored his 1979 Chrysler Cordoba and during the first roll-out i fell in love with the car. I made him an offer he couldn´t refuse and so I got my next car. It was freshly painted in "Porsche-Mint-Green" and had a big sound system in it.

I drove this car as a daily driver until I got the next car, a 1984 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, a really big car with the 4.1 Litre Engine. Me and my wife bought the car in 1999, and sold it in 2000.

Then we saw a car in the newspaper we couldn´t refuse to buy. It was a 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Brougham in very good condition and from the first owner. The car was build for Europe, it had km/h-speedometer, heavy duty axles (5" bolt-pattern) and so on...

From July, 1995 to February 1996 I owned an AMC Gremlin. It was a Custom build Car, with a 350 / 350 Chevy Combo in it. It was very fast and with a custom made (cherry-red) Leather interior and its black paint, a real eyecatcher :mrgreen: .

At the end of the summer 2006 I began to restore the Chrysler. I painted it in the original dark-green and did some work on the interior.

When I met my wife the first time, she owned two cars: a 1990 Ford Mustang Convertible and a Ford Explorer. Her Father bought the Mustang in Miami at Potemkin Ford as a new car in 1990.

The Explorer is her´s since 1995.

The last car we bought, is a 1973 Chevrolet Cheyenne Pick-Up.

I hope you enjoy :mrgreen: (and understand) :mrgreen: my story and the photos.
Last edited by goldenolds on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
1960 Oldsmobile Super 88 Celebrity Sedan
1973 Chevrolet Cheyenne C-10 Pick-Up
1979 Chrysler Cordoba
1990 Ford Mustang Convertible

http://www.1960-olds.de.tl/
http://www.pre-50.de.tl/
goldenolds

Re: My american cars in Germany

Postby toolbox on Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:29 am

Wow! Nice lot of cars! I like the Camaro...I've had a bunch of GM F-Body cars. I've had an '83 Camaro, 84 Z28, 91 Trans Am (with the 5 speed!) and a 2000 Camaro Convertible. All were a lot of fun. I like the Chrysler too...years ago I had a chance to buy a Chrysler 300 that was really just a re-badged Cordoba. White with a burgundy interior. Kind of a neat car, but it wasn't meant to be. And that truck is downright beautiful! Those '70s Chevy trucks are all over the place here, but they're usually in pretty rough shape. You can see some pictures of my '73 here in the off-topic section under my "other projects" thread. It was big and ugly, but would go pretty much anywhere. I had a set of 4 tire chains for it...with chains and 35" tires, it was like driving a tank. If I ever got it stuck, I would have needed a bulldozer to get it out :mrgreen: .
Anyway, nice looking bunch you've had! I'm always kind of surprised by how many American cars there are in Europe...
Cheers,
Scott
Scott
1960 Oldsmobile 98 Scenicoup.
394V8 4BBL Dual Exhaust.
GO OLDS '60!

"It doesn't matter if you believe you will fail or succeed...either way, you are correct."

www.1960oldsmobile.com
www.lastbestphotography.com
toolbox
Site Sponsor

Postby goldenolds on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:33 am

Today I added the Photos that missed in my story
greetings, Mario
1960 Oldsmobile Super 88 Celebrity Sedan
1973 Chevrolet Cheyenne C-10 Pick-Up
1979 Chrysler Cordoba
1990 Ford Mustang Convertible

http://www.1960-olds.de.tl/
http://www.pre-50.de.tl/
goldenolds

Postby toolbox on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:50 pm

You've had some nice rides! That Pacer is wild :shock: . I've had a couple of Camaros like that one you had...an '83 Camaro with the 2.8L/5 speed, and an '84 Z28 with a 350 I built for it. Pretty fast car. Also had a '91 T/A with the 305/5 speed that I "restored"...it was really beat, but I only paid $600 for it. The tranny had a broken 2nd gear and synchro, the windshield was smushed from hitting a deer, the paint was bad, and the interior was...well, it was disgusting. The last couple of owners were smokers, and apparently thought the whole interior was an ashtray :roll: . It was just about as bad as a car can get inside. I ended up replacing the seats with really nice 4th gen Camaro seats (carpet too), new console, steering wheel, windshield, headliner, etc. I did all the body work and got it painted. I took the T-5 tranny apart and replaced the broken parts...everything else looked okay so I just put it back together. Really the only good thing on the whole car was the engine...it ran like a top, and once I fixed the tranny it was a real hoot to drive. I sold it for $3000. but after all the work I did on it I only make about $500...not really worth it given the huge amount of labor that went into it. Some high school kid bought it. His mom actually let him buy it (she helped him get the loan)...I thought she was crazy letting a teenager have a car like that, but I guess that's her decision. Found out a few months later he drove it over some sort parking barrier and put a hole in the oil pan and burned up the engine :roll: . Oh well. I only found out because a friend of mine knew the mechanic who put it in (small world).
Anyway, fun cars for sure!!
Scott
1960 Oldsmobile 98 Scenicoup.
394V8 4BBL Dual Exhaust.
GO OLDS '60!

"It doesn't matter if you believe you will fail or succeed...either way, you are correct."

www.1960oldsmobile.com
www.lastbestphotography.com
toolbox
Site Sponsor

Return to Off Topic Discussion